Who we are
You’re at https://itsnorfolk.co.uk, home of It’s Norfolk, a UK based directory created and run by AMT Web Services. It is a registered sole trader under the name Andrew Thompson. Postal address: AMT Web Services, 12 Hobart Lane, Aylsham, Norfolk, NR11 6GG.
We use the information we collect about you to maximise the services and products that we provide to you via our website and business. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you and adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR).
By using our site and providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over the age of 18 years.
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
Personal information/data means any information capable of identifying an individual such as names, physical addresses, email addresses, IP addresses, behavioural data and location data. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics and third party embeds. We receive information you enter on our website or give us in any other way from time to time.
Personal Data Necessary For Use Of The Website
When you use the website we automatically collect information, including personal data. This information is necessary to improve the functionality of the site and provide you with a good website experience and service.
- Login account information – When you register with us such as first name, last name and email address.
- Communications – If you contact us we collect information about the communication and any other information you choose to provide in that communication. We may keep this information for as long as your account is active for customer service purposes, but you do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes.
- Reviews for businesses listing owners – If someone has written a review about your business it may contain your personal data. You will be notified when a review is published about your business listing and you will have the opportunity to request removal.
- Listing information – such as your address, phone number, geo-location, social media contact details and email address.
- Media – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Site usage information – We collect information about pages you visit, your searches, enquiries you make and other actions.
- Geolocation information – We collect information that includes your IP address and this can be used to determine your approximate location.
- Log data and device information – We collect log data and device information for when you use the site, even if you are not logged in or registered for an account with us. This information is vital to us for to prevent fraudulent or malicious use of the site.
- Cookies – We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies. A cookie is a small file placed in your web browser that collects information about your web browsing behaviour. Cookies do not access information stored on your computer or any personal information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to reject cookies by changing your browser settings. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Personal Data For Marketing
Marketing information includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to:
- To enable you to participate in our promotions.
- To enable you to receive our newsletter.
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- You will only receive this information if you have opted in.
- As part of the registration process for our newsletter, we collect personal information. We use this to tell you about our news and promotions; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Data We Collect From Third Parties
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
How We Use Personal Data
We receive personal data you enter on our website or give us in any other way and only use and disclose it for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and provide customer support.
- To send you information and promotional material by email. You will only receive this information if you have opted in and you can stop receiving this content at any time.
- To send you alerts and notifications by email based on transactions you make on the site – such as making an enquiry, adding or modifying a listing or leaving a review. These are essential for the performance of our contract and you cannot opt out of receiving these messages, but you will only receive them if you make such transactions.
- To charge and collect money from our customers. This includes sending you notices and alerts by email. We use third party PayPal Holdings Inc. for secure card payment processing, and we send billing information to them for processing orders and payments.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions. This includes storing server log data that help us prevent site misuse and violation.
- To protect the rights and safety of our customers, site visitors and third parties.
- To meet legal requirements, comply with the law, court orders, respond to legal requests or an official investigation.
Who We Share Your Data With
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Other site users – If you interact with the site to make an enquiry with a listing owner or agent, we will share with that owner/agent any information you need to provide such as your name, your phone number and your email address. You may choose to provide further information in the contact form and any subsequent message using our messaging system. This information is provided with your consent.
- Leaving a review – If you choose to leave a review on the site for a listing, we may publish this information on the site and it will be visible to all site users and the general public. We will publish your user name which is your name as provided to us on registration or a pseudonym if you choose. We will also publish the star rating and any other information you choose to provide. By leaving a review you acknowledge and agree that this information is provided and may be published with you consent.
- Uploading business listing information – If you are a listing owner or agent your use of the site is governed by the Terms and Conditions, to which you must agree in order to use our service to promote your listing. Any information you upload to our listing area may include your personal data and may be provided to the users and the general public as displayed on your listing with your consent. You always have the opportunity to review the listing and can request changes or removal to this information at any time.
- Responding to an enquiry – If you are a listing owner or agent, when you respond to an enquiry from a user using our messaging system, any information you submit (including personal data you choose to submit) will be provided to the enquirer and will be stored on our platform for review by that user at any time. This information is provided by you with your consent.
- To provide information to our professional advisors or agents, such as lawyers and accountants.
- To provide information to Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Marketing agencies we may engage from time to time.
- Our Employees and Contractors.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. We will only share your data with a third party in this case if they agree to keep your data safe and private and have the appropriate safeguards in place. In any such event we will notify you of the change either by sending you an email or posting a notice on our Website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We generally retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as necessary to provide our service to you. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements. For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 5 years after they stop being customers.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent:
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
- In order to respond to any request, we will require the following information: your name and address; and your contact telephone numbers.
- As a security measure to ensure your data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it we may request further information from you.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days unless the request is complex or where there are multiple requests. If our response is likely to exceed 30 days you will be notified.
- If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data please contact us first so we may attempt to resolve your issue immediately.
Where We Send Your Data
Whenever we transfer your personal data we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- If you are a resident of the European Union, we will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Personal Data
Our legal grounds for processing personal data under the EU data protection laws is based on the grounds that:
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to properly administer our website and business, to provide and update our website and business, to improve our website and business, so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our website and business, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and to decide and improve the effectiveness of our marketing strategy, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our website and business, and to personalise your experience; or
- The use is necessary in order to enable us to properly administer our business, to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract; or
- The use is necessary in order to fulfil our commitments to you under our Terms and Conditions or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account – for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or to charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
How We Protect Your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
- We may modify this Policy at any time, in our sole discretion and all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on this website.
Our Contact Information